Solo Show & Storytelling Weekend
Instructor: Resident Playwright Arlene Malinowski
This "warrior weekend" class is designed for actors, playwrights, solo artists, and storytellers at all levels – from those who are thinking about writing a one-person show or narrative story to those who are in the final stages of polishing one. We will focus on developing your unique style with class exercises and one on one coaching.
This hands-on workshop will cover:
(1)Finding your voice and the voice of the story.
(2) The 13 styles of solo/story pieces.
(3) Designing the solo/story plot structure. Use of narrators.
(4) Themes & Universal truth.
(4) Techniques to manipulate the storyteller/audience relationship.
(5) Character development and character signatures.
(7) Every Student has the opportunity to work in front of the class and get one on one coaching.
Participants may choose to bring to the first session: 5-7 minutes of a solo show or story, or even just an idea. This class is designed to serve you and your personal creative goals. We will work hard and have big fun!
||June 8th - June 9th
||12:00 pm - 5:15 pm
About the Solo Show Track
The Solo Show track is designed to provide playwrights with a solid foundation for Storytelling & writing and performing Solo Plays.